The Fry Group* has been awarded the CII Gold Standard for pension transfer advice. This voluntary code was introduced last month by the Pensions Advice Taskforce, a representative industry body set up by the Personal Finance Society who work to promote ethical behaviour, high standards of professionalism for technical knowledge and excellent client service in the UK financial advice sector.
Pensions can be complicated and the UK Government have now made it a legal requirement to seek advice before any transfer can take place.
The Gold Standard has been awarded to us following our commitment to a set of principles which we use when providing advice on any pension transfer. We have also been recognised in ensuring our clients are well supported when considering any pensions transfer by:
- Helping fully explain the implications of any pension transfer
- Recognising individual objectives, needs and wants to ensure any advice is focused on each set of circumstances
- Applying the right technical skills and knowledge appropriately
- Recommending only mainstream investments from regulated investment companies
- Explaining every step of the process and all the costs involved
- Drawing attention to any conflicts of interest
- Sharing experiences and outcomes
As a firm which is committed to championing best practice in our industry we are very proud to have been certified to provide the highest standard of advice in this area. More information about the Gold Standard is available at www.thepfs.org/ptgsconsumer
Julian Broom, Chief Investment Officer
*Wilfred T. Fry (Personal Financial Planning) Ltd